A Vintage Sanctuary


After a quick day in the office of the Hudson Building in De Waterkant Cape
Town where I work part-time, I took my weekly round of city slicking nearby 
The Cape Quater. I came across an appealing little antique store called 
"baraka" which means "a blessing". It is certainly a blessing for all you vintage
lovers out there. The store has an eclectic and historic vibe, with an extremely
friendly staff. The owner Gavin Terblanche (what a humble man), had
enlightened me on his travels and how he came about finding the pieces in his 
shop. There is a mixture of cultures which has influenced him, African, Oriental as well as Pop Culture.
He gave me permission to take a few pictures as I was mezmorized by such an 
amazing callage of memories. 

These are a few pics I've captured at the store:

(All Photo's are my own)
-From the outside of the store, there are attractive art pieces which forcefully draws one in. A lingering sense of a time in which living well meant appreciating the slower things in life.













- Quicky Art, mixing Pop Culture, Film and Media through what appears to look like some sought of a
parody.

- Ornaments of African and British descent, adding to and emphasising the informality and freedom of expression within the store







-Leather Journals from the Middle East, Quircky Jewellry, Post Cards, Antique Frames and old Comics.















Please go and give this store a visit in De Waterkant in Cape Town.
Details:
Shop 13A, Cape Quater, Dixon St De Waterkant
Open: Mon-Fri                                                                   

I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment